Archinect
anchor

MIT M. Arch I information

lcalari

Hi to all other prospective M. Arch I's!

I applied to Yale YSOA, GSD, Columbia GSAPP, MIT, and University of Michigan Taubman. I was accepted to Yale, MIT, and Taubman, and waitlisted at GSAPP, and received by far the most merit scholarship funding from MIT.

If I don't get into Columbia, my top choices are Yale and MIT, but am having a lot of trouble finding information about MIT's program. Does anyone have a good sense about their pedagogy and program? Out of all the schools I applied to, they have by far the least info about the program.

I have a friend who is a first year at MIT, and she has actually made it sound very alternative, much more interested in questioning the role of the architect in society, etc, than I had imagined it to be. Does anyone else have any insights or places I can read more?

I went to a tiny liberal arts school that was all about questioning the status quo etc, and don't really want a reprise of that education. I'm looking for an education that gives me a strong foundation while also presenting multiple pedagogies and forms of practice.

Apr 7, 19 12:07 pm
lat8r

Don't know much about the program either, actually.

Try contacting recent grads and current students from the school's page, you'll probably get better insights here: https://archinect.com/mitarchitecture

Apr 7, 19 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
Igzz

Would love to know as well, they just sent out their open house videos mayb that would give you more insights? Have you decided yet where you'd be going?

Apr 11, 19 1:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: