Archinect
anchor

Pratt vs Rice/NEED FOR AN EMERGENCY ADVICE

pouyanajafpour

hi, 

Recently I’ve accepted in M.Arch program at both Rice an Pratt with below terms: 

Rice: full tuition scholarship award 2.5 year program 

Pratt: half tuition scholarship award 2 year program/ the cost would be 30K per year 

Due to the fact that I’m an international student, finding a proper job after graduation will be problem for me. So, the reputation of school may help.

In addition, I am more interested in the program of Pratt because of it’s experimental design and more artistic. However, it is huge difference between Rice and Pratt costs.

I should decide as soon as possible and I really need your advice. Please help me

What do you think I should do ? 

Thank you 

Apr 1, 19 8:06 pm
workmorelivemore

I think finding a proper job after graduation will be a problem/cause you great anxiety if you have student debt to pay off. Rice is recognized by Renzo Piano Workshop. 

Hope this helps you.

Apr 2, 19 1:01 am  · 
 · 
archinet

I heard good things about Rice, and they have a good dean. I would go there over Pratt even without the full scholarship. 

Apr 2, 19 3:09 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

You should go to Rice.  I suggest using some funds to purchase an inexpensive car so that you can most fully explore Houston.  There is a surprising number of international communities and cultural opportunities in the area.  If you want to work in NYC for internships or after graduation, the Rice network can make that happen for you.

Apr 2, 19 11:21 am  · 
 · 

i've heard good things about rice as well. but, i don't know more than that. TBH, I don't have a great opinion about Pratt--and that's solely based on the graduates i've met from there. Never been impressed with them.

finding a job after your graduate as an international student will be challenging, but the neither the name's of pratt or rice will help you greatly that area. finding a place that will sponsor your visa and being lukcy enough to even get a visa will be the bigger issue.

Fully ride? i'd lean toward Rice for that.

Apr 2, 19 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
threeohdoor

Go to Rice. Pratt will take your money and leave you hanging in the breeze as you desperately try to post-rationalize your new Maya animation in how it affects the blah blah blah blah...

Also, Texas is warmer and has good bbq.

- Pratt Grad.

Apr 2, 19 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
pouyanajafpour

Thank you all for your immediate responses, I go to Rice. Hope it works for me.

Apr 3, 19 8:12 am  · 
 · 
gateway_ARCHitect

Congratulations! Rice grad here. I loved it, and I hope you do too.

Apr 4, 19 9:56 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: