Archinect
anchor

Fall Studio is Optional. Should I still take it?

I'm doing a study abroad Studio over the summer, which makes my Topic Studio course (for my final year of grad school) optional. Should I still take the Fall Topic Studio (to stay engaged in the studio/studio culture), or should I not take to Fall Topic Studio (leaving room for me to intern at offices or take more elective courses)?

Just to clarify, this Fall Topic Studio is not related to my Thesis research/project for my last year of grad school. It's a separate studio course.

Mar 31, 19 11:28 pm
Non Sequitur

maybe

Apr 1, 19 12:04 am  · 
 · 
midlander

do you like designing things (imaginary buildings)? do you like the professor? do you like any of the people who might be taking the studio? do you like the building it's held in? do you like being busy with architecture related work?

1 point for each yes.

score:

0 points - don't take it

1-2 points - ask your parents if you should take it

3 or more - take it.

Apr 1, 19 9:50 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Unless there is a specific skill you think you're going to gain from this studio - a new software or a portfolio-worthy project you need to find a job post-graduation - I'd search out an internship instead.

Apr 1, 19 10:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: