Archinect
anchor

Change of University

Shka

Hi, I am currently in my second year of university studying (BA) Architecture in Ravensbourne University London which lasts three years. I am considering of changing the university and applying for AA instead to retake the second year and continue my degree there, because the knowledge gained throughout this past two years about architecture is minimal, although I do study independently as well and right now the architecture department is going through several changes in terms of who is in charge, so I wanted to ask the people on the forum for any opinions about the way things work in AA. I've visited it before but I want to make sure it wouldn't be a mistake to change the uni and retake the second year. Thanks.

Mar 30, 19 5:16 pm
TED

AA Good choice - in the UK it is unlikely that any Uni would allow you to enter year 3 directly.  I understand Ravensbourne has had some disruptions over the last 18 months - there are a few good people at Rav but that does not take a Uni - follow your gut.

Mar 31, 19 6:11 am  · 
 · 
Shka

Hi, thanks for the reply. The things you stated about Ravensbourne are true and they've been felt a lot lately. Have you met anyone from Rave?

Apr 2, 19 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
TED
Hi @scut - yes know former Dean LR and others - problem with many uk unis right now is dropping student numbers and VCs scrambling to balance books by cutting staff- for that reason I would only suggest Russell group unis (or aa) because their vision is not about student numbers - you might consider Edinburgh or Sheffield- Bartlett is great but very competitive- stay away from all other London unis (Westminster Greenwich UEL Kingston south bank)
Apr 3, 19 8:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: