Archinect
anchor

Canada Ryerson M.Arch Waitlist - resend portfolio?

aaaaa19

I have been wait-listed at Ryerson University, 

The portfolio I applied with was not as refined as the one I currently have (current one is a lot better)

Would it be okay to contact the program administrator to express my interest on the program and ask them if it is possible to re-submit an updated portfolio for them to review in case a spot becomes available?

Is this inappropriate or is it valid?

https://issuu.com/guillermobourget/docs/undergraduate_portfolio_feb_25_-_is

Mar 29, 19 1:02 pm
Non Sequitur

No, admin committees are closed by now.  Your position on the waitlist is likely already determined and you'll be contacted if ever your number gets called.  

edit: they won't bump you ahead of the curve just because you updated your portfolio.  That is not fair competition with others who got their shit together and polished on time.

Mar 29, 19 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
aaaaa19

That is what I needed to hear to stop myself from doing something silly, thanks for the quick response

Mar 29, 19 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

No problem. Did carleton offer you a spot (with $)?

Mar 29, 19 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
aaaaa19

Yes, they did, however, I have always wanted to live in urban Toronto (for its international atmosphere).

Mar 29, 19 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Toronto is overrated IMO... and HUGE, and unless you've got a spot to live near school, you'll be commuting for a while. my 2 cents: Carleton is a better choice over RY, so a fair consolation prize.

Mar 29, 19 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
aaaaa19

Great, I am fortunate enough to have options. What have you heard/know about the University of Calgary? (considering it since they have a semester abroad in Barcelona or Tokyo) Have you ever met an architect from this school?

Mar 29, 19 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I very little of it and know of no-one who went there. Last time I checked, Canada is wide (citation req), so many of the lesser-known schools remain territorial. I can't imagine a non-local making the move just to study in Calgary or Winnipeg for example.

Mar 29, 19 3:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: