Archinect
anchor

GSAPP vs Pratt vs Texas Austin vs Cincinnati

Bonnnie

I'm really confusing owing to the decision!!

1) New York vs. Texas

I think that If I go to GSAPP or Pratt or Cincinnati, I will get a job in New York...

OR...

If I go to the University of Texas, Austin, I will get a job in Texas... However, I know that there is no STEM extension in the University of Texas, Austin... (I'm an international student)

<If I go to big company, the problem would be solved...>

I think that If I live in New York, it would burden for me because there is limited money and the cost is more expensive. However, I can learn a lot of things in New York.

2) GSAPP(3year) vs Pratt(2year with scholarship $20,000/year)

I know these two schools are good schools. Hmmm... If I go to GSAPP, it would be a burden owing to debt... However, it has a lot of merits...

3) University of Cincinnati (DAAP) 3year(advanced) _ with scholarship

3 co-op programs are very beneficial... I can work in New York or other cities for three semesters. Also, the cost of living is cheaper and the tuition fee is much!! cheaper... 

Could you give some advice for me?

Thanks a lot!!

Mar 28, 19 3:42 am
Non Sequitur

Take the cheapest option.  No arch degree is worth 6-figure debt.

Mar 28, 19 8:35 am  · 
 · 
taurasic
Cheapest option. You’ll get a great education at all 3. Cost of living is really low in Cincinnati so you will save additional money there. I have worked in firms in San Francisco and NYC and have had interns from DAAP at both. Just because you go to school in a location does not mean you will be stuck there.
Mar 28, 19 9:03 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Cincinnati is no NYC or even ATX, but it is really up-and-coming and there is some cool stuff to see/do there.  They are really trying to revitalize areas of Cinci.

You do NOT want to be bound by extensive debt when you enter the workforce.  Avoid at all costs!  Imagine living as a student (eating ramen, sleeping on a mattress on the floor) as an adult in your 30s... and possibly beyond.

Mar 28, 19 11:21 am  · 
 · 
workmorelivemore

From your use of exclamation points you seem the most excited about Cincinnati. 

You will be in studio most to all of the time, so you'll be disappointed for paying higher living costs when you can't enjoy the city. When you are doing your co-op in New York and other cities you can fully enjoy the city at night and on the weekends. Cincinnati is also close to Columbus, Indiana, which is full of amazing architecture. Follow your heart....to Cincinnati. 

Mar 29, 19 7:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: