Archinect
anchor

Need some feedback for my portfolio

DenieceQ

I applied for the one-year programme and the two-year programme of UCL, as well as the DLC of AA, and submitted the portfolio at the end of February. So far, I haven't received any reply from the school. I am worried about this, so I want to ask for your advice against my portfolio.

The portfolio includes my redesigned graduation design and one design project within the course, as well as two projects conceived by me from scratch. Since there are no instructors, these programs are my personal ideas, so I care more about others' opinions.

The link is here,

https://issuu.com/denieceq/doc...

I will cherish every piece of advice, thank you.

Mar 22, 19 1:49 pm

I think you have really interesting visualizations and diagrams, and it seems like your process is fairly presented. Two thing that are missing, in my opinion, are architectural hand drawings/sketches and physical models.

It would also be a good idea to clean up the layout a bit and have, for example, every new project start on the left page, to have that extra consistency.

That said, get rid of those fonts, now. They are awful. They completely ruin your portfolio and I don't think that is an exaggeration. If you don't know which one to use, go for anything plain and legible like Akzidenz, Helvetica, DIN or any other well established one. Stick to one and change its size and weight consistently and hierarchically.

Good luck.

Mar 22, 19 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
DenieceQ

Thank you very much! This was my first time doing typesetting, so a lot of details were overlooked. Your suggestion is something I hadn't thought of before. It's very helpful!

Mar 22, 19 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
bluesquare

I agree with Gonzalo about the font, it truly ruins the whole portfolio. From my perspective, I think you would benefit of white space in your portfolio. I believe you have many graphically strong diagrams for some of your projects that are just being ruined by the heavy composition in some pages. Allow it to stand out on its own if it is relevant to your design. It is not about cramming things in. Also, your process showed as iterations that go on page after page is interesting, however, I do not think it needs to take two spreads in a row. Maybe just select a portion of those little iterations and put some subtitles so the reviewer understands more objectively what they are. I hope your applications work out. Good luck.

Mar 22, 19 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
DenieceQ

Thank you very much!

Mar 22, 19 11:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: