Archinect
anchor

What is your opinion about the Boston Architectural College in 2019 ?

I'm looking for an AD master in Boston and the BAC seems to be a good option for international students. 

I have an architectural background as a bachelor in south america and still thinking about what architecture school to apply in the east coast besides NY. 

Mar 19, 19 11:37 am
EricP

I am looking for bachelor programs in the Boston area so take this for what it worth, the BAC seems to be all the rage. However they do not list faculty on their website. Their reputation is that they hire new faculty right out of school. It seems to be a popular place for people who are also working while getting a degree. The studio community seemed none existent. Have you considered Northeastern or the GSD at Harvard? . 

Mar 19, 19 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
j.bullard

(I see this is an older thread and hopefully you were able to make a good decision, but for others looking for comments on the BAC): I just graduated this month from the BAC from their two-year online master of architecture program. Several of my classmates were international students, and I would say that the program seemed to be well suited for their different situations. Speaking more broadly, it was a great option for me as a student who wanted to work and gain real world experience & AXP hours while in school, rather than in a linear fashion. The program itself was very well organized and for the most part produces a lot of great work from the students, but at the end of the day it is based on you and what you put into it. To EricP's comment, I would say that about half of the studio professors tend to be recently out of school, but (in the online program at least) they are all working and still have a good deal of experience. The average amount of experience probably trends upward for non-studio classes. All of the studio professors are happy to be there and invested in their students. I can't speak for the bachelor's program, but I would argue that the studio community (in the online program with 10 days/semester spent at the BAC) is possibly stronger than in my undergrad program, because all the students in the online M.Arch program were like-minded enough to join the unique program that the BAC offers. There is definitely an "in this together" mindset. I can only imagine but can't confirm that the in-person community would be greater?

Dec 17, 20 4:01 pm  · 
3  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: