Archinect
anchor

Laying out a coming soon sign and the client won't let me place my logo onto it.

grmnfrk

I am currently laying out a job sign for a job and send the rough draft to the client. They asked me to remove the firms logo, which kind of rub me wrong. How else should I promote the firm in areas of the country that I do not personally visit all of time. This is the first client that has ever done this. 

Mar 7, 19 10:19 am
Rusty!

It's always on the ugliest of residential developments that the board is missing Architect info. I always wondered if Architect was self aware enough, or if developer wanted to spare them from bad advertising.

Is it just the logo or your name completely? Some logos are ugly and/or distracting, or just don't fit a particular theme. 

Mar 7, 19 10:51 am  · 
 · 
grmnfrk

No name or logo. But supposedly this is not the final sign, this is just a coming soon sign and we are going to have another job sign when constructions starts. In my past experience the coming soon sign and job sign is the same thing, and why would you want to spend extra money on another sign. 

Mar 7, 19 11:09 am  · 
 · 
proximity

I think it's reasonable to let the client know that it's standard that the Architect's logo go on any signage or photography promoting the building itself. You could probably let them know how essential it is from a marketing perspective and that we deserve to be credited for the hard work we do. It also may be in a contract that you could point to as well. It's probably not worth fighting tooth and nail with the client, but you should be able to make the case.

Good luck

Mar 7, 19 11:28 am  · 
 · 
gibbost

Does the sign include any renderings or drawings by the firm?  If so, then I'd say it's a pretty easy argument to make for some sort of logo or credit back to the architect.  Are other key players identified like developer and contractor?  

If it's literally just a 'Coming Soon' sign suggesting that a new tenant/project is getting built, then suck it up and hope that the permanent sign during construction has your name/logo.

Mar 7, 19 11:37 am  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

put it in the contract. 

Mar 7, 19 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Let's hope it leaks!

Mar 7, 19 3:19 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I agree with gibbost. If your rendering is on the sign then you absolutely should have your name on the sign too.

Mar 8, 19 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

Renderings or project images should have a byline credit. 

We typically supply projects with our own signs for construction. 

Mar 8, 19 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
arch76

Ive seen provisions for construction signage in the specs, or as wurdan freo says above...

Mar 8, 19 11:46 pm  · 
 · 

sounds petty. We are required to include the architects name and contact information on construction sign and pre-construction sign as well. Cant get a building permit without giving neighbors a chance to complain about the design, even a house. This makes so much sense I would have thought it was standard in most parts of the world?

Mar 9, 19 11:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: