Archinect
anchor

How to take on a partner, and whether I should

Oalias

Afternoon all,

I’ve been running a solo practise for a few years now, and I’m considering taking on a partner, mainly to have someone to bounce off and collaborate with. I feel like I’d like to take on some larger projects, but wouldn’t have the confidence and resources to to this with my current set up. 

Has anyone made the transition from sole practitioner to partnership? Any advice about where to start?

Mar 6, 19 11:52 pm
( o Y o )

"Take on", like an employee, or an opponent? Choice of words reflects attitude. Partners are equal - they are "taking you on" too.

Partner up one project at a time. Think about it like dating - it could lead to something else, or it could be a one night stand. If it works out, try it again. If it doesn't, go back to the bar.

Good staff, well-treated, is an excellent source of potential partners and a valuable resource for collaboration if you choose to use it that way. 

Mar 7, 19 10:01 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: