Archinect
anchor

Archicad student licence in office

lisit

Hello everyone,

i need urgent help, i had a student license for Archicad and wanted to train my archicad in lunchbreaks. I lately moved to Germany and working here for some months and as a foreigner trying to improve my software knowledge. When i downloaded and opened the archicad, i saw a warning says its illegal to use this student version in commercial purposes and they would contact to local supplier or so. Sadly couldnt read all cos i got panicked and deleted all. I even did not used the program and not sure if i read this warning properly but im totally scared. could anyone inform me what i should do?

Feb 14, 19 11:18 am
randomised

You simply shouldn't install software on your own when working in an office.

Feb 14, 19 11:31 am  · 
 · 
lisit

Thx, sadly thats what i learned in hard way. The reason was just to improve myself bit more. But since i just installed and saw warning and uninstalled in 2 mins, is it still legally problematic for me?  I just dont want my office get into trouble

Feb 14, 19 11:46 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It's only a problem if you produce documents in a professional setting (ie, not for class work) with the student version... and someone catches you. Sketchup, back when it had a non-browser free option, had an identical message... yet how many people do you know who got busted by google for using it for professional projects? You should be more concerned about installing ANY software on a business machine.

Feb 14, 19 11:50 am  · 
 · 
Witty Banter

Agree with the responses above.  I don't think the software license is going to be an issue.  The issue is installing personal software on your business computer.  If you want something installed talk to your IT or admin person.  The machine doesn't belong to you so you shouldn't be installing personal software on it.

Feb 14, 19 11:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: