Archinect
anchor

Reciprocity and Licensure

G4tor

I'm pretty sure I'll get there when I get there but it doesn't hurt to ask...

1. For reciprocity req's when applying to a different country, NCARB will often state a minimum req'd amount of post-licensure experience hours in order to be eligible for reciprocity. How does NCARB calculate these hours?

2. For reciprocity btwn diff. states: NCARB will list, for some states, graduation from a NAAB school as requirement for applying for licensure. I'm not a NAAB school graduate but what's stopping me from getting a license out of my home state and getting reciprocity in order to practice in my home state? Obv. the time and money commitment will be greater but is that all there is?

Thanks a lot

Feb 8, 19 5:53 pm
Bench

Every situation is specific, pending review. Call NCARB, they don't bite.

Feb 8, 19 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

No, they won't bite... but they will try to maximize their profit by running you in circles with fees, rules and regulations.

Feb 8, 19 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Calls for info are free. Actual licensure costs money. Obviously.There is no way around the fees if thats what you're looking for.

Feb 8, 19 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

You should check with the specific state in question, as rules vary.  Usually the issue is that if a state requires an NAAB degree for initial licensing, then that state also requires an NAAB degree for reciprocity.  Direct comity isn't usually possible unless both states have the same requirements.  There are some states with exceptions or alternate routes to reciprocity.

Feb 8, 19 7:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: