Archinect
anchor

Please help! Advise on Portfolio selection

kevinho

Hi all,

I made two portfolio (for my March application), one which has more page while the other is more condense. I am having a hard time deciding which one is better for A4 printing. I am wondering if anyone would mind advising and suggesting? I hope to have one decided for soon for printing

Thanks

Feb 8, 19 8:45 am
Non Sequitur

first link is broken for me.

Condensed and trimmed down folios are always better since no one will look at 60+ page monsters.  You will need to show loads of progress work tho since all you include in the shorter link are final images. The get boring very quickly and do nothing to demonstrate your thinking process.  Where are the dirty idea sketches, the trial and error massing models, the various iterations that led you to those final images?

People care about these, sometimes more than the final project.

Feb 8, 19 9:52 am  · 
 · 
kevinho

Sorry about that. This is link to the one with more page with larger diagrams https://issuu.com/kevin.ho.legacy/docs/20_page_test. Thanks for your advise. 

Feb 8, 19 9:55 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Sorry, but I would first drastically rework your portfolio before even thinking about which one to print. Still too dense and flat, nothing that really catches the eye, no structure, hierarchy  or narrative. I flipped through it a minute ago and already can't remember a single project.

Feb 8, 19 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

is this portfolio intended for fall 2020 applications?

Feb 8, 19 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: