Archinect
anchor

architectural project thesis

SanmarA

so guys I am in need of major help...

we have an architectural project and I am taking my own into the thesis direction.

our project is situated in a place called Bewdley, a town rich in history. my concept is terrain. my interest is the time, layers of time (this is me incorporating the concept of terrain and how it has layers). my tutor says it's an idea but she says I don't have a direction or an actual project or process of how to explore this idea forward.

Feb 7, 19 11:31 am
Rusty!

I firmly believe I was a very stupid person in my formative years. I just didn't have a forum to announce it to the rest of the world. Hashtag blessed. 

Feb 7, 19 11:37 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

exactly. but robert plant lives nearby, ask him.

Feb 7, 19 11:52 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

They still refuse to let me become their new drummer and reunite the Zep. Their objection is that I don't know how to play drums. As if lack of knowledge has ever stopped an architect.

Feb 7, 19 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

go to bewdley tennis and rowing club, he will surely see you there. bring schematics.

Feb 7, 19 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Your tutor is right.

Feb 7, 19 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
dayDream3r

Hello SanmarA,

I think terrain as a concept is quite limiting. I would lean more towards time. There's a lot more to explore there.

I did my dissertation on a similar theme. I explored how time gets embedded in space. Most of my guidance on the topic came from a book by Henri Lefebvre called 'the production of space'.

Id advise that you read further and see which direction you could take. But the idea is definitely worth exploring.

Feb 27, 19 5:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: