Archinect
anchor

Architectural Fee for TI

ellen09

I'm a CA license architect and working on TI's and restaurants.

Is there any fee per SF? 

People say to have an hourly rate and estimate the hours and come up with a number... but these days with crazy plan check corrections and going to the city over and over, because every time they add more to the list... it doesn't work. I feel I'm upside down all the time.  

Please advise!

Thank you

Feb 5, 19 6:51 pm
gibbost

$10-12/sf for straightforward TIs.  $12-14/sf for restaurants.  

That's just arch.  With MEP or heavy FF&E, typically around $18-24/sf.

Not sure if that is helpful or not.  Try limiting your contract to (2) city revisions and explain to the client that anything over that is gonna cost more.  They'll balk, cause they'll say that's your problem.  Balk back.

Feb 5, 19 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
ellen09

Great! that's helpful!

Thanks!

Feb 6, 19 11:44 am  · 
 · 
proto

Can you not just go hourly w/ a proposed set of hours to identify a typical process to give some financial planning info to the owner? The same caveats apply about time assumptions, but since it's hourly, it's just whatever is required, even if it's less...

Bill monthly & give warnings at major percentage moments like 50% of proposed 75% & 90% & "hey, we're going to go over now that the City is asking for X"

Feb 6, 19 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

We limit our adjudication orders to about 8 hours, after that it is hourly as more and more, jurisdictions are asking for alot more i formation than what they used to. 

Feb 6, 19 9:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: