Archinect
anchor

MIT MArch Portfolio

arthurboscolo

Hello People from Archinet, I'm a studio artist and I've just applied for MIT's March program. I'm not here asking what are my chances. I made this portfolio without consulting any architects because I wanted my voice and sensibility to show rather than having it be super sanitized. My take on MArch is to take someone who isn't an architect and shape their sensibilities into an architectural practice. In my opinion I did a pretty good job and from my research the department seems to be open to less traditional applicants. However, if I'm wrong, and the committee doesn't like it then to me it just means I wasn't a fit for the program. I wanted some of your impressions and criticism for me to improve my design skills since this was the first major piece of "design" I've ever made. 

https://issuu.com/arthurboscol...

Thank you. 

Jan 1, 19 2:25 pm
danielkragskov

In my opinion on of the best portfolios posted here in a long time. Incredible how much architecture can be seen from your drawings, exercises and research. 

Layout is really good. Does not seem  cluttered. And oh my, no architecture photography included! 

Can't believe if this is your first design piece created, that is very unfair ;) Keep up the good work and this will get you far! 

Jan 1, 19 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
arthurboscolo

Thank you for the praise! To be fair, I spent 3 full months trying to get the layout to work, My first one was horrible, and this one was my 4th full draft of the portfolio.

Jan 1, 19 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
Anon_grad2.0

there’s a typo on the cover

Jan 1, 19 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
arthurboscolo

Well... Thats very embarrassing... for me. 

Jan 1, 19 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
mwnnown

MIT definitely has one of the more eccentric architecture departments in the east cost. 

Your portfolio looks amazing. Hope to see you in the Fall !

Jan 2, 19 5:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: