Archinect
anchor

Usefulness of a Graduate Exhibition

Frank_Lloyd_Wrong

Hello,

I am a graduate architecture student in a 3 year program for students without a B.Arch.  This is my third studio, and obviously I will be including my studio work in my portfolio.  I would not like to include my work from my second studio, as my professor pushed me toward a very radical proposal that I don't feel able to describe or defend well.

I am looking for my second summer internship this summer, and I would like to work in New York ideally, as it is close to home, though I am sure summer internships there are likely to be more competitive than what I had to go through to get my internship in upstate NY.

This brings me to my question: is it worth it to polish up my first studio project for inclusion in my portfolio, even though I made it when I had very little design or representational skill?  It is a design for a small housing project, and my professor has asked me to remake my model for an exhibition of past years' work in the studio at the University.  I would like to know whether people think this is worth my time as it would take a long time to improve the documents, as well as to remake the model.

Thanks, sorry for the long read.

Dec 29, 18 4:10 pm
Non Sequitur

Most people keep working on past studio projects to round out their portfolios.

Dec 29, 18 4:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: