Archinect
anchor

Top MArch accessibility w 2.99 w dual ivy BA in Arch, BA in Computer Science?

sntz

Hi all,

I recently finished an undergrad Ivy BA with a dual major in Architecture and Computer Science. I had a decent GPA in-major (3.5) but my overall including my engineering classes is 2.99 or so.

I'm currently trying to decide what my chances are with architecture and if it's worth pursuing on a Master's level. Given that I finished with CIS, I have already been able to work at a fairly decent level with adjacent-to-architecture tech companies. However, I have had significantly less luck with architecture job hunting and have yet to receive an offer that was both paid and worthwhile.

I love architecture and it is my actual passion, but I don't want to try and fit a square peg into a round hole. If my GPA cuts me off from programs that I would deem worthwhile, I can just try and approach the field from a different perspective if that is more productive.

I am also wondering as I am a dual EU citizen if European MArch programs care as much about GPA as American schools.

Dec 27, 18 10:59 am
placebeyondthesplines_

so you blew an opportunity at an ivy, and now you think a "top m.arch" program might give you a chance to blow another one?

Dec 27, 18 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
sntz

Considering the average engineering GPA upon graduating is 2.7something and those people are all filthy rich, I doubt I would consider it a "blown opportunity" at an ivy. There isn't grade inflation in engineering as harshly as in architecture.

Dec 27, 18 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines_

and if there's one thing "top m.arch" programs are looking for, it's average academic achievement

Dec 27, 18 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

If you are not filthy rich, you should consider attending a reasonably priced upper mid-tier school.   Somebody out there may even be impressed with your ivy pedigree and give you financial incentive to attend.  You need to learn how to be useful in an architect's office and avoid heavy loan debt.

Dec 27, 18 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

What are those programs you deem worthwhile enough for someone of your stature?

Dec 27, 18 3:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: