Archinect
anchor

What are things that a school like SCI-Arc would like to see in a recommendation letter?

surprise_drug_test

I am currently working on my application to the M.Arch1 program at SCI-Arc. I have three wonderful recommenders, all of which asked me in some capacity if there are any bullet points or characteristics that I would like to shine through in my letters. What do you guys think a school like SCI-Arc would like to see?

A little about my background: BA in English, pretty extensive writing portfolio along with sculpture and drawing work that will all be included in my portfolio. No arch experience. Would be happy to answer any other questions.

Dec 18, 18 7:30 pm
Anon_grad2.0

there’s no cheat sheet for these kinds of things. If they know you well , then they should be more than capable of knowing what to say. 

In my final year of grad school, I was lucky enough to help in some capacity during the admissions process for new students. It was easy to pick out the generic letters and make a nice stack of them. 

Dec 18, 18 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Your ability to pass drug tests?

Dec 19, 18 2:59 am  · 
 · 

that you have a fetish for bright colors and found objects, but only wear black.

Dec 20, 18 12:00 pm  · 
 · 

more seriously, probably that you want to radically change the world and the profession of architecture. and you reject all preconceptions about it.

Dec 20, 18 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

A word salad of terms appropriated ( but not understood) from various contemporary philosophers and art critics will also help your case.

Dec 20, 18 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

an offer of endowment 

Dec 20, 18 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
surprise_drug_test

what a cool bunch of smart dudes leaving such cool helpful comments!

Dec 21, 18 12:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: