Archinect
anchor

Windows Pen V. Apple Pencil

ASPAD

Who has experience working with the sketching apps for the Apple Ipad Pro (Morpholio, etc) and those for Windows Ink. I am trying to decide which way to go for sketching over plans and developing renderings. Trying to keep things simple and affordable. My office is currently all PC, so Windows Ink seems to make sense (cheaper option), but some of the best apps for Architecture seem to be made only for ios (morpholio for example). And the reviews seem to prefer the responsivity of the Apple Pencil. 

Any first hand experience out there? Specifically, does anyone use the Windows Surface Ink Pen for architecture work?

Dec 14, 18 3:34 pm
ASPAD

Thanks, Troglodytarum. My hesitence is with the Ipad pro file management system. I don't want to save things in an app. I want to access my main server. What do you use for file storage on an ipad?

Dec 28, 18 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
SpatialSojourner

I recently received an iPad Pro + Apple Pencil as a gift. So far, I've been using iCloud to access all of my files. If it wasn't a gift, I'm not sure what I would have gone with. There are some nice sketching apps and I've had fun with it. I tried out Morpholio but don't know if I want to pay for it since I'm usually the one receiving red lines/there's a pdf app that I found to do markups and send. My boss swears by Morpholio though. I have an amazing Windows 10 desktop and had a Surface Pro at one time that I sync'd files using Dropbox. I like the amount of apps for the iPad but would like to use full programs like I did on my Surface. Rumors are that Adobe is releasing full app versions soon, so I look forward to using that !

Dec 28, 18 8:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: