Best printer for Architecture students?


hi! I’m a first year architecture student going into my second semester and I’m looking to upgrade my printer, my printer right now is only good for printing out word documents.  My pictures come out all blurry and grainy. Wondering if there was a nice inexpensive option for me somewhere out there.

Dec 14, 18 12:34 pm
Non Sequitur

people still buy home printers?  I'm sure your university must have print facilities cheaper than buying a printer.

Dec 14, 18 1:14 pm  · 

You should use the school's plotters.

Dec 14, 18 1:41 pm  · 

36'' wide format plotter. Canon or HP. Get one on ebay for two grand or so. 

Dec 15, 18 5:33 pm  · 

When i transferred into arch school I got gifted a canon printer. It was fine for a while, but canon makes you replace all cartridges when only one is empty so I had to consistently buy new ink that was way over my budget. I ended up just buy knockoff ink from amazon for 10 bucks and now I only print word documents and readings for classes since the knockoff ink isn't great for images. At the end of the day, the printers in my lab print way better and the type of printer doesn't make the ink bleed. 

Dec 18, 18 12:29 pm  · 


1  · 

Have you tried HP Deskjet  9800? I'm planning to purchase this brand as I heard that its features are great not just for student but for licensed architects as well. It allows wide and clear formatting that results to clearer printed designs.

Dec 27, 18 5:31 am  · 

A nice inkjet that prints 11x17 is really valuable. I have enjoyed the Cannons in the past. But for the bulk of prints, send it out, pick it up,pay the fee and you will be better off.

Dec 27, 18 2:00 pm  · 

I bought a hp for personal developments 

Dec 27, 18 2:08 pm  · 

Have you already tried re-calibrating your current printer?

Epson's SureColor SC-P600 or P800 should be on your radar. These models use pigment inks which have a much longer expected display life compared to dye inks.

However, if you don't mind swapping out your cartridges a lot or are otherwise willing to trade off output capacity for servicing time, the Canon PIXMA Pro-100 is a great 'entry' level printer for good looking prints. This printer uses dye inks which are susceptible to fading under adverse display conditions, but when treated right they can last about as long as the average pigment print. Canon also makes the Pro-10, which will give you pigments but with a smaller ink tank capacity.

Jan 15, 19 11:31 pm  · 
( o Y o )


Oct 22, 19 11:53 pm  · 

I am using no.2 you may check this,

1. Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer. Maximum paper size: Super A3/B

2. Workforce WF-7720 Wireless Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer.
Maximum paper size: Super A3/B

Mar 28, 20 9:37 am  · 

We have always had good results with Epson inkjet printers.   It pays to take the time to learn about the printer's various quality settings and buy good photo matte or glossy paper for your final prints.  

Never every buy an HP printer.   Hewlett Packard uses evil automatic firmware updates to prevent you from using recycled or 3rd party cartridges.  Their product support and user interface suck also.

Mar 28, 20 10:07 am  · 

any printer that can print up to 11x17. laser preferably.

Nov 17, 20 10:37 am  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

  • ×Search in: