Archinect
anchor

How to start writing Statement of Interests

Good evening everyone,

I am applying to MArch at UofT, Ryerson, UBC and Laurention University "for now". And that my second time for UofT and Ryerson University. Currently I am writing Statement of Interests for UofT. And I stuck in it. Confusing what to say and how to start. 

I have a big and wide imagination brain. Hard to define and write what in mind. I feel like these imaginations could make a change futurity. 

Able to read personalities and mind thinking, that what scared me about my self, I have this kind of talent and I would like to use those skills in academic way. 

I wrote the first paragraph and I would like to share it with you guys, I would love to see your prospective... Feel free to comment. 

1. "Since I was a child, my favorite thing has always been Design" 

I can see it is not bad started, but it seems like I can not define my idea or define it in academic way!! 

2. "Being academically in your talent that might lead you to scientist way. I decided to pursue my BS.c Arch field abroad" 

It is confusing me how to start and what should to write in beginning. I am trying to hook the reader.  

What is the scope of writing Statement of Interests? 

Respect, 

Yazan Akkad

Nov 20, 18 12:01 am
Non Sequitur

it’s a clusterfuck of terrible English, not to mention that each of those two sentences hit at least 3 clichés that’s guaranteed to fail your admittance. 

Obviously English is not a primary language here, but you need to learn how to write, and write well, if you hope to enter graf school.

Nov 20, 18 2:58 am  · 
 · 

That is right Non Sequitur, I am working on my weakness at this time. I am happy to heard your opinion..

Nov 20, 18 10:16 am  · 
 · 

Yes TOEFL & IELTS are international accredited. One is British and the other is American. I appropriate your support.

Nov 20, 18 10:19 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines_

holy sweet fuck i hope this is a real post

Nov 20, 18 8:20 pm  · 
 · 

What do you mean :) ?

Nov 21, 18 10:56 am  · 
 · 
username_af

Yazan, many international students get into amazing universities. I think it's important you get some help with your writing skills. Perhaps it is a good idea to first write out your statement of interest in your language, and then work with someone to translate it efficiently. 

I wish you well!

Nov 27, 18 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
peijunfei

Go straight forward, simple, clear, but strong expression of your interest and passion. Say your purpose at the beginning, without story-telling narratives. Try to make it like a cover letter, w/o previous experience.

Clarity is the key, the people who reads your letter may not have much time to go though every complex sentences, especially attributive clauses....

Nov 27, 18 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
archeyarch

children are to innocent to be aware of design.  Design is in response to a fucked up world.

Dec 1, 18 12:09 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: