Archinect
anchor

How can I create an incremental plan?

alinabeel

hello, im a 4th year architecture student and im tackling a site that is considered a cultural site, i studied a cultural village that was close by and understood that the special incremental aspect of the village is what truly makes it cultural.

My question is how can I create the same incremental language in plan without it being a replica of the previous village

Thanks

Nov 15, 18 6:29 am
randomised

By cultural site you mean a site of cultural significance? And the incremental aspect of the village does that mean it grew over time, parts were added and in such a way that makes it worth preserving? 

Nov 15, 18 7:21 am  · 
 · 
alinabeel

Yes this is exactly what i meant and the site is still being used.

Nov 15, 18 11:27 am  · 
 · 
alinabeel

It kept growing for over 40 years and stopped after that, this village is close to mine but it has no noticeable effect on my site which is about 1 km away

Nov 15, 18 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
  1. Define cultural
  2. Define incremental
  3. Define causal link, if any, between points 1 and 2
  4. Stop crowd sourcing your homework. School is not that difficult
  5. Design plan as per point 3

Nov 15, 18 8:27 am  · 
 · 
alinabeel

1. Culture to that specific country is a vibe that you can only feel and live under the existence of specific elements that cause feelings of intimacy among strangers these elements vary from architectural programs (specific types of retail, specific types of restaurants with specific types of seatings) to architectural spaces, i wont explain them because i would need a lot of time to do so over text. 2. By incremental i mean unorganized with some logic in it the site was developed based on a need and with the creation of the architecture contributed in the creation of the spaces 3. I didn’t get that question. 4. Trust me im not asking for solutions im asking for guidance i did a lot of research kept trying but im not convinced with what im doing because i can’t seem to make it logical and my teachers aren’t helping much

Nov 15, 18 11:37 am  · 
 · 
( o Y o )

How can I create an incremental plan?

A little bit at a time. 

Nov 15, 18 9:06 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Read Christopher Alexander.

Nov 15, 18 11:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: