Archinect
anchor

What structural system is best in this situation

jamesS

Hello, so I'm designing a high rise residential tower as a part of my school studies. It has a s-curve shape, which means that if I put columns on the perimeter of the tower, then they would end up in different spots on every floor which would most likely block the view and be in the way on some floors. The best case scenario would be to put the columns where the interior partition walls are, which means the columns would have to be shifted on each floor. Is that possible, or can you suggestion me a better option?

Here is a section of the tower:

Thank you!

Nov 2, 18 4:44 pm
Non Sequitur

Plenty of real (eg. Built) examples to draw precedents from.  

Have you considered consulting a library and architectural periodicals?  A library is a large building, likely on your school's campus with stacks of bound pages.  Some of them have words and pictures.

Another point to consider is: This design is pretty generic and bland.  It would be a shame to water it down some more with a simplistic structural grid simply because you can't figure out something better.  I'd recommend reconsidering your design approach so as not to be handcuffed by the form.  

Nov 2, 18 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

diagrid

Nov 2, 18 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Fuck yes.

Nov 2, 18 5:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: