Archinect
anchor

Applying for MArch with half completed undergrad + unrelated degree?

sado

Background: I majored in architecture for undergrad at UF for two years. I did very well. I passed pin-up. Then life happened, I changed majors to psychology, did not like it, but thought it would be in my best interest to just graduate at that point. I've worked for two years now. I taught English abroad last year and have been working as a content writer for a startup this year. 

I would now like to go to grad school for architecture. I'm sure I would have to do the ~3 year/unrelated background route, but I'm okay with that. (I've taken 4 studios, calc, physics, and 2 arch history classes if that makes a difference).

My question is, will my two year, but uncompleted degree, hurt me? It will be obvious on my transcripts. And I intend to take my time and explain why I switched in the most positive light I can. I also have two years of architecture undergrad work I can put in my portfolio. Would it also hurt to include this? 

Thanks in advance

Oct 30, 18 11:51 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: