Archinect
anchor

"Dossier" - Admission requirement at Ryerson - HELP

ff9208

Hello everyone. 

I am applying to the Master of Building Science at Ryerson (among other programs), and I am putting together all my application items. I see that the application calls for a "Dossier" that shows work samples, writing, research summaries and anything that can prove an applicant's competence in building science. 

I am looking for some guidance on how to adapt my design portfolio (I am an MArch student) and turn it into this "Dossier" thing. Would you just make a more technical version of your portfolio? Is it expected to be less "designy and artistic"? Would it be appropriate to include my LEED Cert diploma, some building systems case studies, etc? 

All your help is appreciated!

Oct 27, 18 6:56 pm
Non Sequitur

If you already have an accredited degree, why bother with another? 

Oct 27, 18 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
ff9208

I have two main reasons why I am doing this. I am an international student from Guatemala. My original plan was to pursue a work visa in the U.S. but the possibilities of that happening have decreased significantly in the last two years. Therefore, I have decided to move to a more immigrant friendly country. I have always wanted to live in Canada, however, it seems like it is very hard to get sponsored for work even with a U.S. degree. Priority always goes to Canadians, Canada Graduates and residents first. So I would love to pursue a post-secondary degree in a subject like this and get a chance to connect with firms, work after graduation (student visas come with a period of authorized work post-graduation) and hopefully pursue permanent residence from within Canada. 

2nd reason is there are two areas of the field I love. Urban development and sustainable design. .I would not mind becoming more specialized in these areas, so there is no loss there. 

Oct 27, 18 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
farabibashar

Hi,

Did you come to know how a dossier is Created for the Masters of building science course.

thank you in advance..

Mar 27, 20 11:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: