Archinect
anchor

Grad App Consulting Service?

I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered previously.  I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't find a related thread.

I recently graduated from an undergraduate BFA interior design program with the intention of going back to graduate school for a M.Arch.  I plan to work for two years before graduate school, and am in my fourth month of work at a nonprofit architecture firm.  (This gives me roughly 14 months before my graduate applications will be due for the program starting 2020) I will have a good chunk of my AXP hours before attending graduate school.  A few of my colleagues are graduates of B.Arch programs, and have a number of ex-professors and guidance counselors at their disposal to guide them on essays, portfolios, etc. for their grad applications.  I have relatively little access to similar resources, besides the people I work with (and I do not feel comfortable requesting tons of meetings/portfolio reviews with them, as many of them have families and young children).  I have done quite a bit of personal research, and I plan on reaching out to some of our firm's contacts at various grad schools, but I feel that I have reached a point where my lack of perspective limits me.

From a google search, I have found a number of consultants that specialize in helping applicants to other graduate programs (MBA, Law School, etc.), but have been unable to find a similar service for graduate architecture students.  Does anybody know of a service like this for M.Arch candidates?

Oct 27, 18 4:12 pm
donutsfordough

Seriously, it's just school applications. Look at the portfolio review threads, follow instructions, and present what best showcases your work. Go do something else after sending them in and chill out.  

People swear as if they were applying for a life-changing amount of money or something.

Oct 27, 18 4:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: