Archinect
anchor

B.A./B.Sc. Urgent

Karl_00

I'm really curious whether to go for a B.A. or B.Sc. in arch. Okay so I obviously know the major difference between them (one is arts and one science, critical thinking vs engineering) but i would really like some more info about both of them. What kind of job opportunity would each give me and what are some more difference between both of them. Also which one would lead for a more successful career?

(considering studying in Germany)

Oct 9, 18 3:00 am
readbetweenthetrees

Hmm, choose the one that doesn't require critical thinking. Clearly you're not giving this much thought on your own so take that as a sign.

Oct 9, 18 4:04 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

The BS prepares you to go to an MArch program and go for a license, or an entry level job in an architecture firm.  You take structures, systems (learning about plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems), architectural history, and studios where you design a building based on criteria the professor provides.  To my knowledge, the BA degree is similar but does not typically have studio courses.

If you're unsure which is right for you, I'd ask for degree plans from different schools you are looking to attend and compare them.  Look at what courses are missing/different.

Oct 9, 18 7:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: