Archinect
anchor

Architecture portfolio review

mateusmendonça

Hello!

I'm trying to apply for M. Arch in Europe (my first option is Polimi) and I'd like to get some criticism/advices on my portfolio. What can I improve? The projects is it good enough to be accepted in a good university? Should I attach one more project?

Sep 28, 18 2:26 pm
randomised

- Design a cover that makes people want to flip through the folio

- Add a proper back page to finalise the folio

- Be more selective of what you show (and what not) and how you show it (e.g. 3.5 spreads for that 1st project?). Build a narrative for the portfolio.

- Typography (and graphic design) can be your friend

- Edit your texts, don't over explain; you're audience are professionals. And spell check and proof read the hell out of it (especially your letter)

- More specific: why orphan your Tokyo Pop Lab image/opening page next to your letter? I'd move it one page to make a stronger opening spread of the project.

Oct 1, 18 3:49 am  · 
 · 
mateusmendonça

Thank you, I will consider and try to improve

Oct 1, 18 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Good luck and enjoy, it should be fun to make a portfolio.

Oct 1, 18 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

needs bigger text, more ego

Oct 2, 18 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

needs more ego? not something typically lacking form these types of folio threads.

Oct 2, 18 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

woosh

Oct 2, 18 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I guess your sarcasm detector is in the shop

Oct 2, 18 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
mateusmendonça

More ego is good kkkkk. Do you have a good example to show? I'm not good with this memorial texts, any help is welcome.

Oct 3, 18 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines_

i thought it was obvious that i was making fun of your poor presentation. non sequitur is a bit dense

Oct 3, 18 5:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: