Archinect
anchor

My Professor says i am in wrong field, i should have opt business or marketing

fbnobody

I am in my final year and have always been great in presentation skills, explaining my ideas, debate, i am aware and i like business and management but i have always enjoyed making meaningful and strategic planning, i am that guy in the class to whom my fellow classmates come for solution for their planning. I have been not in grades, around 55-60% every semester.

My professors and fellow classmates are always telling me to opt for marketing or MBA or Project Management.

I have been thinking about this a lot, i have plans to immigrate to canada, and get masters. Should i go for masters in architecture or should i change my field do construction management. 

I always want to be in leadership role after some point of experience (Leading team of architects) and i don't want to loose the attitude and pride of calling myself an architect and involvement in planning and design. I want a balance between job satisfaction and Earning. 

Sep 8, 18 12:12 pm
archinine
If you want any balance of ‘earning’ get the mba. There is no prestige in architecture nor any money to be made.
Sep 8, 18 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
OneLostArchitect

Honestly you  are so close to finish line just get your masters in architecture. That will give you the option in the future if you want to sit for your exams or not. Then if you want to get a MBA too... go for it! 

Sep 8, 18 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Don't listen to the people telling you to quit.  I once had a professor who told me to change majors.   I am now a successful architect.  Presentations, marketing, and project management are essential parts of what I do.  

Does your professor even have a legit professional practice whey they do real projects for clients?  Probably not.

Sep 8, 18 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: