Archinect
anchor

Columbia GSAPP new policy in funding

santiag

Hello, GSAPP seems to be notoriously known for its expensive cost of attendance and its zero financial aid/scholarships for international students. I just did quick research and visited GSAPP website for the first time. I noted that GSAPP Scholarships were available for “all applicants, international and domestic” (see the link below).

https://www.arch.columbia.edu/admissions/financial-assistance/international

I don’t know how it worked in previous years. Is that a new policy of GSAPP? Or that has been practiced for a few recent years? Has anyone in Archinect had any experience or received any scholarship from GSAPP as an international applicant?

Sep 1, 18 11:09 am
Flatfish

That's pretty much the same policy that's been in place for many years.  It's not that international students are ineligible - everybody is eligible to apply for financial assistance - it's just that, as the site says, "direct funding at GSAPP through fellowships, scholarships, and assistantships is competitive and not available to all admitted or enrolled students."  In other words, you can apply, but need alone won't necessarily get you a scholarship.

Sep 1, 18 1:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: