Archinect
anchor

March acceptance and GPA

Hello

I'm a BS.Arch graduate class 2017 from Saudi Arabia. I struggled in my early ears in architecture school. However, after around two years I fell in love with architecture then started to get high grades and top my class and get recognition from my instructors and peers. My graduation project was among the top 3 in my class but that was not enough to boost my GPA even though I scored As in my final years (Graduated with 2.79) but I can easily get the letters of recommendation because I made very positive impression to me professors in my final years.  

I will have a full scholarship from my government if I get accepted to these schools (Harvard GSD, MIT, Yale, Cornell, Penndesign, Colombia GSAPP) personally, I'd love to go to Penndesign or Colombia.

Side note: I have on going professional experience in an architectural office. In addition, I am constantly reading and self-studying books and works by Patrik Schumacher, Sylvia Lavin, Ali Rahem, Jeff Kipnis, etc... ) and I will reflect the knowledge and potential in my portfolio.

is it possible to get accepted in one of those schools with that GPA while considering my portfolio and letters of recommendation and scholarship?

Aug 22, 18 6:36 pm
SpontaneousCombustion

It's not impossible, but it's not likely either.  It will help of course that your later grades are much better - but still 2.79 is very low for the schools you're targeting.  If you got A's in your final year but still ended up with a 2.79 cumulatively, that means that in at least some of your other years you didn't even reach a B minus average - you're probably not going to be seen as a good bet academically, unless perhaps your GRE scores are in the 90th percentile or above.  Be sure to have someone review all of your written application materials before you send them, as you have quite a lot of grammatical errors in your post, and aren't even spelling one of the universities' names correctly.

Aug 22, 18 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
10974ks---

This. Personally, the portfolio on your profile doesn't grab my attention for a minute. There's no concepts there. It doesn't reflect any of the theory you claim to read.

Aug 22, 18 8:45 pm  · 
 · 

Thank you for your critique.
I agree with you on your point about reflecting the theory on my portfolio... How can I improve it? I would appreciate your input especially that I am working on updating my portfolio.

Aug 22, 18 9:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: