Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Feedback for M ARCH 2

Anonymous05

Hi again, 

https://issuu.com/saadboujane/...

I would like to share my latest portfolio draft for feedback. I took into consideration issues that people have pointed out in my previous post. 

Some of the text is being re-written but the majority is there. I will be submitting this one specifically to GSD later this year. 

Any feedback is welcome ! thank you !

Aug 16, 18 1:54 pm
joseffischer

Still don't see much process.  Process isn't a series of 9 diagrams showing the building go from footprints to masses to detailed buildings with window system mullions etc.  Process shows a few schemes at each level weighing pros and cons of the site and hopefully the diagrams clearly show the analysis which helped nudged the building design in one direction over the other.  Even in the corporate world, usually clients are shown 3 options or so.

Aug 16, 18 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Didn't click the link again but I'd advise against posting under your own name when you're crowddesigning your portfolio online.

Aug 16, 18 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Still no early design sketches and no demonstration of thought process.  Still boring.  

Moral of today's portfolio review is to keep your progress work.  No dirty sketches because you only work in a digital medium? Oh well... your loss.

Aug 16, 18 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
AlinaF

Page 28, image 2. Is that a physical model?

Aug 16, 18 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Anonymous05

Yes it is !

Aug 16, 18 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
thatsthat

I agree that there needs to be more progress sketches showing trial and error of the process.  I would also ditch the sentence on the left side of the first full spread.  It doesn't really say anything about your POV or the projects in the portfolio.  Like what does a bird museum have to do with preservation?

In general, it feels too long.  Do you really need 30 pages for 4 projects? It's a lot of images for not a lot of information. When you've finished writing your intro text, I'd have someone proofread it.  There were some mistakes in the one I read. 

Aug 16, 18 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
Anonymous05

Thank you for the feedback :) !

Aug 17, 18 6:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: