Archinect
anchor

Harvard GSD MDes - Help / Guidance

vishalvaidhyanathan

Hey all!

I'm new to Archinect and hence forgive any newbie mistakes. There are many old threads regarding this, but they've all become outdated, hence this one.

I am quite interested in the MDesS program that the GSD offers, simply because of the opportunity to delve in design based research in a particular field in detail. MDesS Technology Intrigues me the most!

My question is, I am going to complete my B.Arch ( 5 year professional course ) this year and am planning to apply to the GSD for fall '19.

Since I don't have Professional Experience besides 8 - 9 months of Internships in computational design and architecture and a few competitions, would it hamper my chances of getting in?

Also, what does it really take to understand if you're a good fit and secure an admit?

I have GRE Scores of Q 166 and V 154 AWA 5.0

It'll be great if someone can guide me on where I should concentrate on my application and if it is a lost cause without professional experiences. And tips for portfolio would be a great bonus for me!

Thanks a lot guys! And best of luck y'all!

Aug 15, 18 3:57 pm

Hey quick question, sorry if it's not related to yours, but when did you take your GRE and how long did it take you to study for it. I am aiming to take mine in october or november. I'm also applying to GSD, but to the M arch 2 program. thanks and goodluck

Aug 15, 18 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
vishalvaidhyanathan

Well, I took like a month. Took my GRE in July. Best of luck on your admit! Keep in touch

Aug 17, 18 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
Archism

Hi @vishalvaidhyanathan. Did you apply for MDes and did you receive any notification?

Feb 24, 19 3:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: