Archinect
anchor

M.arch II Portfolio Feedback

anonymous07

Hi there, 

I would like to receive some feedback on a first portfolio draft that I would like to send out for M.Arch II applications. I have a handful of schools in mind, but currently I'm eyeing the following: Columbia GSAPP, Harvard GSD, Pratt, Sci-Arc & UC Berkley. 

The link to the portfolio is as follows:

https://issuu.com/saadboujane/...

Since most schools require up to 30 pages only, I'm thinking of removing one of the projects, but I'll look into that soon. 

Thank you for your help :) !

Aug 9, 18 6:09 pm
Anon_grad2.0

I’d get rid of the scorecard for you software skills. I went to one of the schools on your list, this type of thing gets laughed at during portfolio reviews. 

What does two dots for whatever software even mean.

My advice, find a balance between drawing and rendering. Right now, it’s all rendering. 

Aug 10, 18 6:31 pm  · 
 · 

I totally agree, thank you for the feedback :) !

Aug 10, 18 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
msparchitect

Schools on that list don't care about software proficiency. They care more about thought proficiency.

Aug 15, 18 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Where's the process? All you show is final renders, but where did the ideas come from and how did you translate those into your projects, show the journey.

Aug 12, 18 10:43 am  · 
 · 

Thank you !

Aug 15, 18 10:21 am  · 
 · 
thompson's gazelle

I agree with previous comments. Get rid of the dots for your software proficiency. At least one of the schools you're applying to prohibits including your resume in your portfolio anyways. 

Except for the diagrams in your conservatory project, there is no representation explaining the design process. You'll probably get hired somewhere if you're looking for an internship. Graphic representation is important and obviously you're good at it, but you should keep in mind that schools put more weight on how you think and design than on your graphic skills.

Aug 15, 18 4:31 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Maybe 2000's Coop Himmelb(l)au is looking for interns

Aug 15, 18 8:18 am  · 
 · 

Sounds good :) thank you for your feedback ! I am re-working my portfolio as of now and will keep your suggestions in mind !

Aug 15, 18 10:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: