Archinect
anchor

Laptop Preference

ashnajaiswal

Hey! So I need a laptop for my master's program. I would need to run Rhino, Adobe creative suite and autocad smoothly.

I have just bought Asus GU501GM. I just wanted opinions. How good is it compared to Dell 7700. The specs are almost the same.

This model of Asus has Geforce GTX 1060 6B graphic card, 1TB+128GB ssd HD, 16Gb memory.

Is it good enough for 3d softwares to function properly? or should I go for Dell 7700?

Jul 30, 18 11:13 am
anindita

Hey, I had purchased a Toshiba, as my first laptop and even back then I was debating on a Mac.  My brother had pursued computer engineering and he didn't listen to me (as usual) so ended up purchasing like 5-7 different kinds of laptops before he ended up with a Mac.   I use a Mac Pro and an iMac.  Macs don't crash on you while your running heavy renders for instance in Rhino or simultaneous programs (have photoshop open (memory intensive)) and my Mac Pro lasted 10 years.  I hope this helps you!  Good luck!

Aug 3, 18 6:45 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Don’t crash? Hahahahaha. What a wanker.

Aug 3, 18 7:28 am  · 
 · 
anindita

I didn't know that Archinect supported verbal abuse?   Anyhow, did you have a bad experience with Macs?   Would you care to explain than use profanity?  

Aug 3, 18 7:55 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Wanker is not profanity. Anyways, macs are not te silver bullet their shiny PR gurus make it ought to be. It’s a life style novelty more than anything else. Sure, it’s better than most out of the box laptops but not all, and those who know can get equal or better at half the cost.

Aug 3, 18 8:08 am  · 
 · 
anindita

I didn't know what wanker meant so had to refer to google and urban dictionary.   I assume your leg room for profanity is quite large perhaps.  I am sorry but I cannot stop laughing.   Anyways, so if you know and understand that one can get a better system at half the cost, please do elaborate on it.  This is precisely why and what we are discussing here.  

Aug 3, 18 8:19 am  · 
 · 

6 gb graphics is really good for 3d modelling and rendering. I've been working with a GTX 980M 4Gb graphics card for about 2 years and its been doing very well for me. 

Aug 3, 18 8:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: