Archinect
anchor

Sabbaticals - What would you do with 12 weeks?

LITS4FormZ

My firm is toying around with the idea of giving employees sabbaticals as they reach certain milestones with the firm at 5, 10, 15, 20+ years.

If you were given 12 weeks of paid leave, what would you do with that time?   

Jul 11, 18 10:52 am
Non Sequitur
  1. Worry sick about the dreadful things happening in my projects during my absence.
  2. Drink my way through Europe
  3. Get lost in Patagonia
  4. All 4.

Jul 11, 18 11:11 am  · 
 · 
archi_dude

Sail through South Pacific and surf, probably not come back afterwards. 

Jul 11, 18 11:23 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Backpack across Asia on a shoestring budget.

Jul 11, 18 11:23 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams
JLC-1

get a real estate license.

Jul 11, 18 11:33 am  · 
 · 
joseffischer

Two bathroom remodels, and a storage shed in the back.  Maybe to to some car and/or millwork.  Don't wake up until 9, don't work outside after 1, and hire out highschoolers to get them to do most of the grunt work.  Could be fun, maybe some of the highschoolers will learn something and be inspired to be an architect ; P

Jul 11, 18 11:37 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Wow, great idea of your firm. If I ever would reach such a milestone by staying at one and the same firm long enough I'd personally first glue all my regular paid holidays after it, finally get my drivers license and take my girl and kid on a roadtrip across (Eastern) Europe. Or if I fail my exam, do the same by train...

Jul 11, 18 12:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: