Archinect
anchor

Combination of Ryzen+Nvidia for ArchViz ?

MusicFreakArchiGuy

I am planning to build a new cpu. I have an old cpu currently with i3 2nd generation processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM and 1TB WD SATA  hard drive. The hard drive is just 2-3 months old and I intend to use it in my new CPU build. I already have 22 inch Dell LED monitor in good working condition. I am on a limited budget of 45000 Indian Rupees.

I do architectural work which involves Autocad 2D, Illustrator for editing pdfs, making 3D models of buildings in SketchUp and still image photorealistic rendering in V-Ray. I also intend to use Revit, Rhino and Grasshopper. 

I also do photo editing work, floor plan and site plan renders in Photoshop. I use layout and graphics software viz. Adobe InDesign (I use InDesign a lot)  and Adobe Photoshop. I do occasional video editing that consists mostly of slide shows and the videos are of 4-5 minute duration in Adobe Premiere. I never intend to play any games on my CPU, neither render any walkthrough videos. 

Is a combination of Ryzen 5-2600 @ 3.4 GHz and Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti – 4GB and 16GB RAM okay for the kind of work mentioned above?

Jul 6, 18 2:47 am
Dangermouse

yep, that combo will do just fine.  consider a good ssd (samsung evo is a good price/performance balance) as well

Jul 6, 18 4:19 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Hey, what happened to the answers in your other identical thread? Not good enough?

Jul 6, 18 12:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: