Archinect
anchor

What are your areas of interests in your M.Arch degrees, and why?

JenTable

New to M.Arch, and is just wondering what other people are interested in and their reasons behind it. I understand interests may change with new developments in the field or with the emergence of new social issues, so just want to throw these 2 questions out. 

1. What are your areas of interests in your M.Arch (or in general)?

2. Why are you interested in it?

For me, I am interested in the phenomenology of architecture because I feel like it is one aspect of architecture that has such an immense impact on people, but it is not as widely studied as it should be. 

Jun 17, 18 12:07 pm
Non Sequitur

Phenomenology was all the rage 10+ years ago in academia... I still cringe when I see or here it mentioned.

Jun 17, 18 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

1.  schedules and agendas.  2.  because it's better to finish DD in the DD phase and CDs in the CD phase rather than pushing it all into CA.

1.  how to turn a sketchup model into something that doesn't leak.  2.  because poorly designed buildings feels bad, and good designed buildings feels good.

Jun 17, 18 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I was fed up with all the blabla complexity theorisation and post-rationalisation of form so I focussed on the random in architecture and/or the architecture of the random as a commentary of the field and to prove that everything is architecture and architecture is everything, more or less.

Jun 18, 18 4:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: