Archinect
anchor

Zenithal

Wyss

Hello everyone, 

I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask this but I'll give it a shot (Feel free to delete it if it shouldn't be here)

So, my project teacher (Main subject in first year in France) asked to include an indirect zenithal lighting to our porject, which means people inside the building can't see the light source (or the sky), we tried to find solutions for months but none were approved

Do anyone have any example/idea about this subject? 

Thank you in advance.

May 23, 18 1:13 pm
Non Sequitur

Diffused northern-facing skylights with deep light wells.

Kinda easy low-ball question.  Not sure why it would take "months" to mock up a few sketches or models.

May 23, 18 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
Wyss

Working on pretty small units, it wouldn't be optimal

May 23, 18 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
Wyss

+ We gave plenty of examples (about the 'months' part), that would technically do what is asked, but they were never enough "developed", just asking here to have more points of view :D

May 23, 18 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Alright, change of pace then, how do you think this day-lighting effect is created?

MIT Chapel Lighting

May 23, 18 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
Wyss

Forgot to mention light diffusers weren't allowed

May 23, 18 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Take a look at Alvar Aalto's Helsinki University of Technology.  Building sections are available online.   You just need to modify your light shelves so that they restrict view of the source of the light.  

Kimbell Art museum would be another place I'd look, starting out. 

May 23, 18 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: