Archinect
anchor

Columbia Intro to Architecture or SCI-Arc Making + Meaning?

potatorum

Limited my options to cities where I have a couch to crash on this summer.

Which is a better program for someone with no architecture or design experience but a lot of interest in theory and social justice?  Which might allow me to utilize the math/science skills I've developed as a physics major?

Any advice for practicing "creativity" as someone who isn't used to solving open-ended problems?

May 8, 18 6:12 pm
Spoons

Not sure how much 'theory and social justice' you'll get into during a short summer program at either school, but SCI Arc doesn't even get into that arena during its much longer masters.

These programs tend to be quick exercises where you learn about basic design principals.

But if you are looking towards the future and think an intro program may help you get into that school later I invite you to take a look into who is teaching at either school. At one school you'll find people interested in the topics you mentioned and other relevant issues to practicing architecture in our era of globalism, stark economic inequality and climate change and at the other school you'll find people into making 'cool shapes'. 

May 9, 18 10:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: