Archinect
anchor

Questions about MIT MArch Graduate Program...

startswithm

Hi...

I graduated from an art school (MICA) in 2017 with a BFA in graphic design. I'm currently looking at graduate schools, and am sort of in love with MIT's program. Are there other universities that have comparable programs? So far MIT seems very research and experimentation heavy which is what attracts me to it.

I'm also looking at a lot of different M.Arch programs that seem to have different pre-req requirements. I've taken Calculus in college, but I do not have a college level science. I live really close to UCLA. Will UCLA's Extension program be sufficient to fulfill these requirements? What about a community college? 

Also, my undergrad GPA is 3.78...Is this GPA adequate for a program like MIT? I am reading that portfolio is the most important...

One last question, how important is previous work experience? I had a 3 month internship experience at a small and "prestigious" advertising agency in New York. I helped assist their Architectural and Graphic design team, but they focused more on interior design. Because I need to take a semester's worth of pre-reqs and the GRE, I'm not sure if I will be able to work during this time. (I'm also wondering if working in a FabLab or a place where I can become fluent in software would be more beneficial)...

Thanks!

Also is there any other advice you would like to impart for preparing a portfolio? 

Apr 25, 18 8:17 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: