Archinect
anchor

Politecnico Di Milano Masters 2018

rachellee

Hi All,

I just got accepted to Politecnico Di Milano’s Architecture & Urban Design Masters programme. I’ll be starting school in September and was wondering if anyone here is headed there as well. 

I’m also curious about the curriculum structure there. Is it more studio work or more studying and exams? 

Also, was wondering if Asian international students are common in the school. I’m a little worried about the language barrier as I speak English and have almost zero knowledge of any Italian. 

Apr 8, 18 12:36 pm
giancarloargenzio1

Hello rachellee

Congrats on getting accepted in the Architecture & Urban Design Master programme. I was also accepted and attending it this year.

Regarding on the curricular structure, Polimi is famous for being really "technical" which means you will have a good balance between Studio Work and Theoretical Classes with exams and projects. Polimi is making big investemets in recent years (being number 9 architecture worlwide in QS Rankings 2018) so expect good things in this university.

Language wise as you applied in English to your Msc all the subjects, reading material, workshops, lectures and seminars are in that language, the only language barrier you could expect is outside the university in your "every day life" but ive been in Milano a couple times and a lot of people speaks English, last but not least, Polimi offers italian classes to foreign students so it makes everything easier.

Hope to see you around polimi and hope my answer helps :)

Giancarlo

May 2, 18 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
rachellee

Hi Giancarlo,

Thank you for your reply! It's encouraging to know that language won't be an issue in my studies. Hope to see you around too! Are you also an international student? 

Rachel

Jun 22, 18 2:55 am  · 
 · 
gares

Hello. 

I got accepted for Building Architecture course in Polimi.

Anyone knows more about the course and career opportunities with it?

May 10, 18 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
mateusmendonça

Hi guys, 

I'm trying to apply for M. Arch in Europe (my first option is Polimi) and I'd like to get some criticism/advices on my portfolio. As you have already been accepted you can help me. What can I improve? The projects is it good enough to be accepted in a good university? Should I add one more project?

Oct 1, 18 3:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: