Archinect
anchor

University of Toronto or Manchester School of Architecture for M.Arch?

ssk2018

I'm currently a canadian student that got an unconditional offer from the University of Toronto (U of T) - advanced placement, 2.5 years and the Manchester School of Architecture (MSA) for my M. Arch. 

I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the Manchester School of Architecture? Suggestions regarding which school is preferred would be very helpful as I feel I need more information about MSA before making a final decision. I am a little afraid that MSA may not be as internationally recognizable as U of T. 

Thank you for your time!

Apr 4, 18 2:31 pm
Non Sequitur

UofT as a University is recognized because it's Toronto.  Its M.arch however is not.... and certainly not a top quality program even within Canada. Why did you even bother applying to MSA if you know nothing about the school?

Apr 4, 18 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
optimusprime

I know that U of T's undergrad program is very poor, however their Masters is apparently among the best in Canada. I haven't heard of their grads having difficulty finding work in architecture firms later on, either. Why do you say it is not a top quality program within Canada? Also this list : https://www.archdaily.com/8898... puts UofT as the 2nd best architecture program in Canada? Is this incorrect? if so, why?

Apr 4, 18 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Toronto university ranks high because of the diversity and quality of most of it's other disciplines bump up the school. The best architecture program in Canada is Waterloo by a cubic light-year, then McGill, then who cares. Jobs are plentiful right now, so if you're half decent, you get hired.

Apr 4, 18 3:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: