Archinect
anchor

How can Augmented reality help you in prototyping buildings ??

alrosh7

Can you imagine yourself holding a mobile device and viewing a blueprint in 3D AR? Will that be helpful to you for early stages of prototyping ? Or editing that blueprint?

Apr 2, 18 4:38 pm
Steeplechase

Yes, but it will require safe site access. Already using VR, which is great because it is portable and not location dependent. 

Apr 2, 18 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

The words blueprint and AR in one sentence, ha! Sounds like a homework assignment.

Apr 2, 18 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
username_af

Augmented reality is awesome, but it HAD to be well done.

I had a consultant once submit their proposal using VR and omg, something must have been wrong with the perspective they used because the second I put the goggles on I was nearly sick. Felt like I was hovering over the space at such a strange & non-human angle. 

They were not hired on the project.

Apr 5, 18 4:17 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
No just because you mentioned blueprints.
Apr 5, 18 7:31 am  · 
 · 
archinine
AR is more helpful in the CA process and VR is more useful in the ‘prototyping’ / design process. That’s assuming the project necessitates and has the funding to perform a detailed survey to populate the 3D model.
Apr 5, 18 10:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: