Archinect
anchor

Architecture Placement/Internship in London

SEDT

So I am currently almost at the end of first year of my Architecture course and I am very interested in some sort of Architecture placement or internship in London, whether it is for a few months or a few weeks. Ideally I would just like anything to gain experience. However, I am unsure where to start. Does anyone know any architecture firms in London which would be a good place to start?

Apr 2, 18 9:20 am
Consultant!

Hi Shard16, 

I think there are two things you could do to start.  They are to establish some criteria and boundaries and to do some research on the firms. 

1. Criteria: Office project type, size of office, values, ethos, location, etc.What are your boundaries: location, travel, experience needed, hours available, pay etc

Ask yourself: What type of office would you like to experience? How big are they? What projects are they working on? Is technology important? How much travel can you do? How much time can you give? What strengths do you have that they would want to know?

2. Do as much research (online, magazines etc) as you can, to find the architectural firms you like. Start to find the themes - are they all small family-like places, do they work on museums, are their women at the top - whatever you find that connects with you. Build up a "vision" board of your most liked firms. 

Lastly, if really stuck on names then download the AJ100 list (the bigger firms) and see if that helps: http://aj100.architectsjournal...

Best of luck!

Karen

Apr 2, 18 10:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: