Archinect
anchor

Cooper Union M.Arch II

jm223

Wondering if anyone has any general feedback about Cooper and it's current reputation in the community following the tuition scandal and dean changes.

Deciding between Cooper M.Arch II and Columbia MS.AAD and seem to have much more info about Columbia because the program is much larger.

The main benefits I'm seeing at Cooper is the small class size (8-10 vs. 50-100? at GSAPP), and thesis semester (GSAPP is just 3 option studios). The work seems strong and the students appear to have close interaction with strong faculty (Diana Agrest, Nader Tehrani) and impressive guest reviewers.

It seems like the school is on a positive upswing with the dean changes and plan to return to free tuition, but is it worth passing up the more established program at Columbia? Thoughts?

Mar 22, 18 4:46 pm
jm223

Should also mention that I do have specific research interests and would like to ultimately move into into academia. I feel that specializing with thesis research is ideal for carving my own path, but would I have better success with the backing of a school like Columbia?

Mar 22, 18 4:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: