Archinect
anchor

MLA Cornell vs. Vtech

Abell11

I've been accepted to a few MLA programs for this fall and I think I have narrowed it down to Cornell and Virginia Tech. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? I also have UW on the list, but I live in Pennsylvania so it's a big location change and I have received no funding (other than loans)... any ideas anyone has to find assistantships there (or at Cornell) would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a little bit about me and my decision:

-Undergrad in Environmental Studies; generally interested in urban agriculture and urban design, as well as the relationships between human health and the built/designed environment

-I have visited both and liked the atmosphere of both programs. I was particularly impressed with Cornell's resources (compared to VT at the WAAC), and the option to "focus" or take some courses in the school of Design & Enviro Analysis. At VT, I liked the collaborative environment with the Arch and Planning students, as well as Alexandria and the opportunities in the D.C. metro area.

-As of now, no assistance from Cornell. VT has offered me a first year assistantship which covers most of tuition, and then I hope to apply for residency for the second two years. 

Any thoughts at all are greatly appreciated!

Mar 21, 18 1:50 pm
salonee.balakrishnan

I have just now received an acceptance from Cornell for this fall. Would like to know which university you chose and why... 

Feb 8, 19 12:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: