Archinect
anchor

GSAPP vs. Pratt - M. Arch I

e.b.

I don't know if this has already been posted about, but I'm trying to decide between my dream program at GSAPP, and the program that gave me more money at Pratt. Does anyone have any thoughts or input as to which would be more productive to my future? Especially if I am considering a career path in academia? Would attending one school increase my future financial gain than the other? Is it worth it to take out loans (they only allow 20k/year academic loans, so I may also need another one with a higher interest rate) for GSAPP?

GSAPP - no aid, 3 years 

Pratt - 20k/year, 2 years

Both schools tuition and feed for 2018-2019 are around 60k/year.

That being said, my living expenses and about $16k of my tuition will be taken care of through military assistance. 

Thoughts? Thank you in advance. 

Mar 20, 18 11:23 am
Non Sequitur

Take the cheapest option.  No arch degree is worth the current price idealistic students pay and it's certainly not an investment.

Mar 20, 18 11:41 am  · 
 · 
thatsthat

Speaking as someone currently paying off a boatload of grad school debt, take the cheaper option.  It's not like you're choosing between Podunk U and Ivy League.  They're both great schools with great reputations which will help you find a job post-grad.  Plus, the name on the piece of paper matters for only the first few years after you graduate.  After that, it's up to you.

I mean, mathematically, it sounds like you're looking at a difference of Pratt - $48k in total vs. GSAAP - $132k.  That's a big difference.

Mar 20, 18 11:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: