Archinect
anchor

GSAPP v.s. CornellAAP

dmnle

Hi guys,

Need to make choice between these schools for their 1 year long M.Archll program (MSAAD)

Any suggestion and advice?

Thanks

Mar 18, 18 8:39 am
kushaldurai

Have you received an acceptance from both the schools?

Mar 20, 18 2:02 am  · 
 · 
dmnle

yes i did, so hesitating which school should I attend 

Mar 20, 18 4:18 am  · 
 · 
BIGBOY

Could you share your initial thoughts on each school from the research you've done so far?

Mar 20, 18 4:23 am  · 
 · 
dmnle

Yes! Sorry about that. I actually know more about gsapp, …their ranking this year for graduate program is 2nd place from DesignIntelligence. They got more diverse electives for students, especially in data visualization related,…and most of their teachers and lecturers are based in nyc….so basically gsapp students def got stronger connections while studying in the school, which is a huge plus for them to find jobs in new york after they graduate. As for Cornell, I’m actually not quite sure how they work on their electives….only know graduate school will share studio classes with undergraduate students. I know Cornell is really famous for their undergraduate. I’ve checked their students’ works…..but the projects are mostly from M.Arch. rather than MSAAD…so I just not so sure what the direction for Cornell will be for this post-archi program. They only admit a small number of graduate students, like around 25 people, which is a plus. Compared to gsapp…they seem like have much more students…so the school resources def will be competitive.

Mar 20, 18 11:48 am  · 
 · 
kushaldurai

I'm still waiting on Cornell's reply. Did they E-mail you or did you check the online portal?

Well, those are two top notch universities. Have any of them provided you with a scholarship? I have been to Cornell on a summer school program and I'm slightly biased to Cornell, but it also depends on your final vision. In my opinion, Cornell has a more rounded and balanced outlook towards teaching whereas Columbia is a little concentrated and specific. What are you leaning towards?

Mar 20, 18 6:01 am  · 
 · 
dmnle

They emailed me directly. Only cornell offers me a scholarship

Mar 20, 18 11:50 am  · 
 · 
dmnle

At this stage, I'm more interested in going to cornell, but somehow I'm just not so sure about their courses....seems like they have no difference between gradaute and undergraduate. GSAPP has clearer direction in terms of their courses like visualzation, gis classes.....but their students are too many in a non-spacious building... maybe cannot completely utilize their school resources.

Mar 20, 18 12:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: